Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Conscience Money

You may think I am completely off-topic but this relates to money and I thought it was an interesting subject, so here it comes:

On December 24, 2007, some crazy anonymous person (only in Ireland!) left a parcel in the Galway Tax Office, containing €25000 in cash. There was a note asking the said office to have an ad published in the newspapers to confirm that the money had been received.

Speculations are now open in our city: who and why? The tax office, having no way of knowing who paid this amount, could actually find this person liable for tax in the future; if put in this situation, it would be very difficult for the person in question to prove that he or she is the anonymous donor.

When I pay my taxes, I always make sure I keep my receipts, and I would go to great lengths to make sure I don't overpay them! If I had extra money to give away, I would certainly not give it to the Irish Revenue; I would rather give it to a deserving charity.

I wish I had known this person and persuaded him or her to give the money to me instead!


Get a Free Clickbank Portal with Free Hosting


No comments: