Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Make Money Online Blogging: Blogger or Wordpress?

I came across a few discussions on the Internet over whether it is best to have a Blogger or a Wordpress blog when blogging about making money online, so I wanted to share my thoughts on this subject.

Some people think that Blogger blogs don't look "the business": they look cheap (maybe because they are!) and you can't take someone teaching you how to make money online seriously when it looks like they don't have any. I don't want to start a war between Wordpress and Blogger users (Wordpress or Blogger, I came across some wonderful blogs, while I also had my fair share of crappy ones on both sides!) but I would like to say that if you want to show people how to make money online, you have to start somewhere and for many, the zero-investment option (like Blogger) is an attractive one!

If you want to blog on a self-hosted Wordpress blog you can get hosting and a domain name for less than $100 a year, which is quite affordable, and while I reckon that Wordpress blogs look more professional, I wonder why spend that money when you could do it for free on a blogger blog? If you are blogging about how to save money, how are you going to explain to your readers that you paid for something that you could have gotten for free?

If you are inexperienced and know nothing or very little about hosting, uploading files and you learned the basics of HTML on the go (like me!), setting up a Wordpress blog can seem a bit daunting: are you here to show off to your readers or inform them? Consider an easy to maintain Blogger blog.

When you are just starting out on the net, you don't really know exactly where you are going; a blogger blog means no investment and if you decide that you have enough of blogging, you can just stop, whithout having to recoup your initial investment.

On the other hand, if you are really determined to keep on and make money from your blog, a Wordpress blog might be a wise option, as even though you investment is minimal, the fact that you have spent money on it might just be what you need to keep you motivated in your money-making experience.

I chose a blogger blog when I started out because it was free and easy: I never studied HTML and the only computer skills I possessed until six months ago were basic Word and Excel. I don't really know what a server is and I found some free html tutorials on the web, but I sometimes cheat (using "view source") to find out how something is done; my blog is mostly about saving money and making money online starting from no investment so I feel perfectly comfortable in my cheap-looking Blogger blog; also, I'm a busy woman and I couldn't be bothered to set up a Wordpress blog!


Get a Free Clickbank Portal with Free Hosting


No comments: