Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Don't Ignore Adsense's New Terms: Update Your Privacy Policy Now

By now you are probably aware of Adsense's new terms and conditions requiring all sites displaying Adsense to include a privacy policy on each of their pages.

Like a lot of other Adsense users I am sure, I must admit that when I logged in to my Adsense account a few weeks ago and was required to accept the new terms it did not really hit me that I actually had to do some changes to my blog. It was only after coming across a few blog posts about this that I went through Adsense's website and blog, desperately looking for an example of a privacy policy I was allowed to copy and republish on this blog.

Unfortunately, I didn't find any help there (I found this slightly unthoughtful of Google Adsense, as many bloggers wouldn't have a notion of what a privacy policy should look like!) so I had to look for help from other sources. I came accross a few bloggers who made their own privacy policies available to republish and I chose JenSense's policy, to which I made a few tiny changes to suit Smart Ways to Earn Money Online with Internet Junkie.

If you haven't written or updated your own privacy policy on your Adsense blogs or websites, I urge you to do so as soon as possible, as your Adsense account could be closed if you don't meet this requirement. I also think it is a good idea for all publishers (not only Adsense displaying blogs) to have such a policy on their blogs and websites so that their visitors are aware of the information that is collected when they visit a site.

If you don't know how to write a privacy policy for your own blog or website, you can copy mine (make the necessary changes needed to suit your own site), which is being displayed at the bottom of this page.


Get a Free Clickbank Portal with Free Hosting


No comments: